Spike Milligan 100 years
Today, Monday 16th April 2018, is the centenary of Spike Milligan’s birth.
He was born Terence Alan Milligan in Ahmed Nagar or Ahmadnagar, near Bombay in India on the 16th April 1918. He was the first-born child to an Irish-born officer in the British army, Leo Alphonso Milligan (1890-1969), and his wife, Florence Winifred, née Kettleband (1893-1990).
In 1994, spike was awarded a lifetime achievement comedy award… and his acceptance speech was oh so typical of this great man. See the video of that historical moment here.
After The Goon Show, Spike wrote and performed in radio, stage, film, and television, and wrote many books. Without Spike, western comedy might have been a very different kettle of kippers.
Spike died aged 83 in February 2002.
To celebrate Spike Milligan’s centenary, we are offering you some birthday presents…
- $100 per person tickets to the Blue Mountains Yulefest opening night dinner and show on Saturday 23rd June 2018 (normally $130)
- $115 per person tickets to any other Saturday night dinner and show during our Blue Mountains Yulefest 2018 season (normally $130)
- $72 per person tickets to the Sunday afternoon tea and show on the 8th July 2018 (normally $85)
Terms and conditions
- Ticket prices quoted include booking fees.
- The above ticket offers are only available online and cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other discounts or offers.
- The above ticket offers are available from midnight 16th April 2018, until midnight Sunday 22nd April 2018.
- Our standard terms and conditions also apply. Find them on our ticketing page.